My husband came up with this recipe to replace the soda he was drinking every morning. It's a delicious alternative to expensive iced coffees from the local cafe.—Sarah Lange, Watertown, Wisconsin
Recommended: Homemade Coffee Shop Drinks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or hazelnut flavoring syrup, optional
- Microwave water 90 seconds. Stir in instant coffee. Add sugar.
- Stir in milk, cream and, if desired, extract or flavoring until combined. Serve over ice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Simple Iced Coffee in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016, p11