- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, peas and carrots. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSimple Ground Beef Shepherd's Pie
"I used three cups of frozen mixed veggies and instead of two cans of cream of potato I used one can and a can of cream of mushroom. also added onion when browning the ground beef. very good."
"This was delicious, and a great dish to make with leftover Thanksgiving mashed potatoes! I added corn instead of carrots and it was delicious. Definitely a good comfort food on a chilly night."