VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 to 3 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Caesar salad dressing
- In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder and seasoned salt; add bread cubes and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until cubes are golden brown.
- Pour the Italian salad dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Drain and discard the marinade. Grill the chicken, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juiced run clear. Cut into strips or cubes; refrigerate until chilled.
- In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, croutons and chicken; toss gently to combine. Just before serving, drizzle with Caesar salad dressing; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p51