Simple Creamed Spinach
Whipping cream and a touch of nutmeg and cayenne adds richness and spice to this classic side dish. Make this your easy go-to for entertaining or formal dinners.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash each ground nutmeg and cayenne pepper
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain and squeeze dry.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add seasonings and spinach; heat through, stirring occasionally.