Simple Clam Chowder Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed New England clam chowder, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the soups, milk, butter and pepper; heat through. Stir in clams; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 172 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 1343mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Simple Clam Chowder
"Mighty tasty and very quick!I added a bit more butter and the clam juice...for a bit of extra taste."
So why is Kathleen's name on this recipe when it is the cook's recipe??? Just wondering??Hugs Aleida♥"
"My family doesn't rate to many recipes as excellent. Usually their highest rating is a Very Good, but this recipe achieved an excellent from everyone. I serve it regularly during the winter months."
"My husband and I decided this is a keeper! I'm sure whole milk or even 1/2+1/2 would be good but for us 2% was fine. The addition of Old Bay Seasoning kicked it up a notch but it's fine without it."
"I added a can of diced potatoes, and another can of clams."