- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; stir-fry 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add pepper; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute longer. Add salsa, peanut butter and soy sauce; stir until peanut butter is blended. Stir in chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSimple Chicken Stir-Fry
"I've made this recipe twice now & I agree with the author, Cheryl Murphy! It is a great quick meal for busy nights! As to the flavors, yes, they are unique but my family thought it was delicious & I have one super picky son in that group! The sauce is thick, yes, but I have no issues with it & thought it more of a Thai type of meal due to the peanut butter."
"Ok. Little strong on peanut butter. Thinned sauce with water."
"After the previous 2 reviews I almost did not try this recipe; however, this was a contest winner and I thought I trust Taste of Home...so I tried it. My family liked this recipe, they thought it was different but tasty. I found the sauce to be quite thick (just a personal preference to have more of a soupy sauce) but the flavor is there. I marinated my chicken in soy sauce and garlic before stir frying but followed ithe receipe from there. Glad I tried it and will make it again using chicken broth to thin the sauce."
"I agree with Julia, chicken was tough and it tastes horrible"
"This was the worst meal I have cooked in 50 years. Four adults could not eat more than one bite. Viewers beware, this is not good!"
"Very good and super easy! I used red and green peppers, and I used about 1 tsp ground ginger instead of ginger root. Even my two year old loved the sauce."