Simple Chicken Parmesan
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked linguine
- 1. Brown chicken in oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- 2. Sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with linguine.
1 serving (calculated without linguine): 420 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1417mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 38g protein.
Jun 14, 2018The chicken was really tough. It was simple but......I should have pounded the breasts first. I heated the sauce in a separate pot to avoid boiling as that would be shoe leather! Good taste.
Apr 1, 2014
Great flavor, quick and easy to make. I will serve this chicken when company comes.
Aug 19, 2010
We are a family of 4 and my husband and boys are picky thay just loved it. I will be making this again.
Mar 11, 2010
Very simple, very quick, very tasty!! I've made this a few times and this recipe is now on my list of favorites.
Chicken comes out moist & delicious. The spaghetti sauce acts as a tenderizer. Add a salad and some garlic bread and you have an easy, quick meal. Doubling the recipe again tonight to serve company!