Simple Chicken Cordon Bleu
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope seasoned coating mix
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place ham and cheese down the center of each; roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place butter and coating mix in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in butter, then roll in coating mix.
- Place in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely and microwave on high for 5-7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard toothpicks.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 377 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Feb 5, 2017
This was a great recipe. Had an extra one. My son had the extra one. Will definitely use again.
Sep 19, 2012
This was delicious. I also used Shake N Bake like previous reviewers. I have an older microwave so I cooked mine for 9 minutes than flipped the chicken and cooked for an additional 8 minutes. It turned out perfectly moist and flavorful.
Jul 16, 2012
I just made this for my family tonight. I was a bit leery making it in the microwave, but the chicken turned out well and all the boys thought that it tasted great.
Feb 16, 2010
I really enjoyed this and plan to make it again as it was a hit with my husband and 5yr old. I will probably tweek it a little by adding a small amount of bleu cheese chunks just to give it a tad more flavor because I felt it a little bland. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs as my coating which gave it a nice bite. I opted to bake mine in the oven which of course takes to quick out of "Quick Cordon Bleu" but I had the time and I figured it would taste better baked instead of microwaved. Over all--good and easy!
Feb 14, 2010
My 3 boys loved this chicken. My youngest, who is super picky, asked for seconds. They did suggest I double the cheese next time (full slice instead of a half slice). I didn't realize chicken in the microwave could taste so good. I also used Shake n Bake for the coating mix.
Jan 13, 2010
I make this recipe often and my family loves it! I usually have all the ingredients on hand and it's quick to put together on busy weeknights.
Mar 19, 2009
I'm not positive what they mean, but I use a packet of Shake n Bake and it turns out good.
Mar 10, 2009
Hi!Just curious as to what kind of "seasoned coating mix" is used for this recipe!THANKS!