Simple Cherry Cobbler Recipe
- 1 cup canned pitted tart cherries
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cherries and 1/3 cup sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Spread into a greased 3-cup baking dish; pour cherries over the top.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 3 servings.
1 each: 319 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Simple Cherry Cobbler
"I agree, not enough dough, It is perfect for 2 people, though. Don't think I will make it again"
"Simple, can't go wrong recipe, just enough for the 2 of us with enough left for my husbands lunchbox."
"I have tried this recipe twice and it seems as tho there isn't enough dough."
"This is a family favorite."
"i was not a fan of this recipe, but it could be that the only cherries I found at the store were sweet, so i want to try again if i can find tart cherries"