Simple Cheesy Hash Brown Bake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 6 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- In a blender, combine the milk, cream cheese and salad dressing mix. Cover and process until smooth. Place potatoes in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with milk mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 155 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Feb 9, 2016
Since there are only 2 of us, I divided the recipe. I had a tub of whipped cream cheese, so I substituted with it, and I used heavy cream instead of milk. My husband loved it.
Sep 9, 2010
I thought the recipe was pretty good and had plenty of flavor, although I did make a couple of changes. I only used one (30oz) bag of hash browns, added a little salt, some green peppers and some ham. My husband did not like it all!
Dec 1, 2009
If I were to make this recipe again, I would definitely add some veggies. As is, it's pretty dry and not very flavorful.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.