Simple Beef Stroganoff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups leftover cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (10 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cooked wide egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Saute beef, garlic and onion. When onion is tender, reduce heat to low; stir in flour, salt and paprika. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, soup and water. Simmer 10 minutes. Fold in sour cream; heat through but do not boil. Serve immediately over noodles. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 5, 2013
I used cream of mushroom soup, fresh mushrooms plus 1/2 cup milk. It was delicious!!
Mar 20, 2011
This is an excelent recipe. I have made it for our church suppers many times, always with great reviews. I have also used this recipe and used frozen meatballs instead of the beef. Very tasty! I recommend this to anyone who enjoys stroganoff.