Simple Beef Stroganoff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups leftover cubed cooked roast beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 can (10 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cooked wide egg noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Saute beef, garlic and onion. When onion is tender, reduce heat to low; stir in flour, salt and paprika. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, soup and water. Simmer 10 minutes. Fold in sour cream; heat through but do not boil. Serve immediately over noodles. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 291 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 964mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Nov 5, 2013
I used cream of mushroom soup, fresh mushrooms plus 1/2 cup milk. It was delicious!!
Mar 20, 2011
This is an excelent recipe. I have made it for our church suppers many times, always with great reviews. I have also used this recipe and used frozen meatballs instead of the beef. Very tasty! I recommend this to anyone who enjoys stroganoff.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.