Simple Bananas Foster Recipe
For an elegant ending to a meal, I prepare this dessert. It is fast and easy to prepare.—Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) unsweetened apple juice
- 1/8 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/8 teaspoon butter flavoring or vanilla extract
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the apple juice and pie spice; mix well. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, water and flavorings; stir into apple juice mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add bananas and heat through. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 79 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Simple Bananas Foster
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC