Simple Avocado & Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the avocados, tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over avocado mixture; toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 197 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 7g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Jun 28, 2017
This salad is delicious! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and wished that I wouldn't have...we would've had second helpings! It's so good that I'm making it again tonight for supper!
Aug 23, 2014
Very good! Definitely will do again.
Jan 24, 2012
I wasn't sure how this would be, but I ended up loving it! Will be making it again.
Aug 4, 2011
Love this salad! I used regular tomatoes when I didn't have cherry on hand and it was still great but the dressing was runny. But its awesome and make sure its cold.
May 4, 2011
My DH and I weren't too crazy about this salad - it was okay - but I don't think I will make it again. Would rather make fresh guacomole with the avocado!
Apr 27, 2011
Tasty, fast and easy.