- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 medium apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Roll up one apple wedge in each triangle; pinch edges to seal. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, orange juice and butter to a boil. Pour over dumplings (dumplings will float to the top). Sprinkle with apple pie spice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSimple Apple Dumplings
"Nice and easy..good to go."
"I make this recipe over and over again. My kids have always loved it and request it often. I will say, this recipe makes a large amount of syrup. You can easily double the recipe, the dumpling part, and have enough syrup for it."
"I made these apple dumplings today, and have to say they are very good, and easy to make too.Mapanda"