- 1-1/4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 cups hot cooked yolk-free noodles
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onions, mushrooms and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Add the consomme, Worcestershire sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes.
- Combine flour and water until smooth; add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSimmered Sirloin with Noodles
"A wonderful meal for 2 people for 2 separate days."
"I made this for dinner tonight and the only thing I questioned was the 50 to 60 minute simmer time. When I started the noodles boiling I turned the sirloin down to simmer with the sauce mixture in it. When the noodles were close to done I thickened the sauce with the flour and water and it was done and tender. Simmering a sirloin for an hour with give you shoe leather."
"I've made this several times and the whole family loves it. I make extra gravy as there isn't quite enough for the noodles for our taste. This is a staple for me while dieting since it doesn't taste light at all."