- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Using a fork, stir in oil and butter until dough is crumbly. Gradually add enough water until dough will hold together. Roll out between plastic wrap to an 11-in. circle. Freeze for 10 minutes. Remove top sheet of plastic wrap from pastry; invert onto a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Remove remaining plastic wrap. Trim edges and flute. Chill while preparing filling.
- In a saucepan, bring sugar, lemon juice, peel and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool for 10-15 minutes. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream cheese. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in lemon mixture. Pour into crust. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSilky Lemon Pie
"I used a premade rolled dough which made it much quicker. I thought it had great flavor, silky to the taste. If you don't like lemon this is not for you....but I loved it."