- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, barbecue sauce, honey, ketchup and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSidesaddle Pork 'n' Beans
"I did not care for this flavor combination at all. I'm glad others liked it, but to me it tasted like medicine."
"I never liked pork and beans from a can. It never tasted authentic. Then I came across this recipe that is fast but actually uses fresh pork sausage- delicious! I make this all the time in the summer. If I have a lot of food to make for a picnic or party I will soak dried pinto beans overnight then start this recipe in the crock pot and let the beans cook all day, which allows me to prep other food. It does taste better with dried beans but it is still very good with the canned pork and beans."
"Yummy!!!Best baked beans I've had in a long time!! Love the addition of rosemary and thyme - never would have thought to add those spices! Thanks so much for the great recipe!!"