Throw together this munchable mixture that gets plenty of zip from chili powder, cumin and other spices.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 quarts
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, pretzels and peanuts. Combine the seasonings. Drizzle butter over popcorn mixture and sprinkle with seasonings; toss to coat. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 235 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Sideline Snackers in Quick Cooking January/February 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.