Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. Wrap a basil leaf around each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 2. Place in a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- 3. Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
"Fantastic! We'll be making this again.We had no basil leaves, so it was omitted this time - still turned out great!"
"Excellent recipe. However, I struggle with the crumbled blue cheese. I'm not sure it's entirely necessary."
"This is how I impress my mother in law. Barbecue sauce that I use is famous daves rich and sassy and devils spit. I replace the goat cheese with fetta cheese. Cook time seems a little longer. You will want more than 20. Enjoy!"