- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 medium sweet yellow or red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, bouillon, dill, salt, lemon peel and pepper. Stir in water and lemon juice until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the shrimp, mushrooms, celery, yellow pepper and onions in oil for 5 minutes. Add the peas; stir-fry 1-2 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Stir bouillon mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp with Snow Peas
"Crunchy and fresh but I thought there was way too much lemon juice - one Tbsp would do. Also, the sauce was rather thick so I added more chicken broth and a little lite soy sauce for more flavor. The ingredients were good for stir fry but the recipe needed some adjustments for our family."
"Beautiful presentation and wonderful crispy flavor! I added some chopped chicken chunks as well as the shrimp to add to the heartiness. Followed the rest of the recipe loosely as far as quantity of ingredients, but it turned out with a very light and flavorful sauce that blended the flavors deliciously. My family devoured it!"