Shrimp with Lemon Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- LEMON LINGUINE:
- 10 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces linguine or other pasta
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, red pepper, green onion and garlic in butter until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt, tarragon and pepper until blended. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the shrimp; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in wine or broth; heat through.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, lemon juice and salt to a boil. Add linguine. Cook for 10-13 minutes or until tender; drain. Sprinkle with lemon peel and parsley. Toss with the shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 473 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 983mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2013
i loved the idea of cooking the pasta with lemon juice and peel. i have usedf that part of the recipe for other pasta dishes.I also added a small amount of thyme, Lime juice and peel works well if you want asouthwestern flavor.
Apr 20, 2010
what richness! a meal that was a raspberry in the face of our diets. i'll be making this again especially for "occasion" meals.
Oct 10, 2009
I was looking for a new shrimp recipe and this one was delicious. My family truly enjoyed it.