- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- LEMON LINGUINE:
- 10 cups water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces linguine or other pasta
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, red pepper, green onion and garlic in butter until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the flour, salt, tarragon and pepper until blended. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add the shrimp; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in wine or broth; heat through.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, lemon juice and salt to a boil. Add linguine. Cook for 10-13 minutes or until tender; drain. Sprinkle with lemon peel and parsley. Toss with the shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp with Lemon Linguine
"what richness! a meal that was a raspberry in the face of our diets. i'll be making this again especially for "occasion" meals."
"I was looking for a new shrimp recipe and this one was delicious. My family truly enjoyed it."