Shrimp with Basil-Mango Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium ripe mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Basil sprigs, optional
- In a blender or food processor, combine the mango, basil and lemon juice; cover and process until blended. Pour onto two serving plates; set aside.
- Skewer two shrimp each onto six 4- to 6-in. metal or soaked wooden skewers, forming a heart shape. Cook in a large skillet in butter over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Place over mango sauce. Garnish with basil springs if desired.
Nutrition Facts6 each: 186 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Feb 4, 2015
Great recipe! So cute too!
Feb 15, 2011
I served this at my Valentine dinner party, and everyone raved about it. It is not only beautiful on the plate for presentation, but amazingly delicious!! HIGHLY recommend!
May 5, 2009
This sauce sounds like it would make a great marinade prior to grilling the shrimp. Has anyone tried it that way?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.