- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces process American cheese, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt to taste
- Chow mein noodles
- In a medium saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Add flour; stir until thickened and bubbly. Add milk all at once; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheese until melted. Add tomatoes, stirring constantly. Add shrimp and peas; heat through. Season to taste with salt. Serve over chow mein noodles; sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Wiggle
"Had a good flavor. I used large frozen shrimp. I may try again this time using canned shrimp. Was thinking of putting it on rice."
"Wonderful, but WAY too much milk. I would at least cut it by half next time."