Shrimp Vegetable Stir-Fry
"My family loves seafood, and this colorful, fresh-tasting stir-fry doesn't take long to prepare," notes field editor Cathy Dawe of Kent, Ohio.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 3/4 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium sweet yellow pepper, julieneed
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, soy sauce and ginger; set aside 2 tablespoons. In a large skillet or wok, cook and stir carrot in remaining dressing mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining vegetables. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add shrimp and reserved dressing mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Serve with rice.