Shrimp & Vegetable Boil
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 8 medium), cut into wedges
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 pound fresh peas, shelled (about 1 cup)
- 2 pounds uncooked shell-on shrimp (26-30 per pound), deveined
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stockpot, combine the first 5 ingredients; add potatoes, cauliflower, onions, carrots and peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and spinach; cook 3-5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley; season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2-2/3 cups: 367 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 721mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 11g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 3 starch.
Jan 16, 2018
This was an easy dish to make, but I should have read the reviews first. It definitely needs old bay seasoning as this recipe as written was kind of bland. It did make a big pot and made more than 6 servings.
Feb 10, 2016
This was good. I omitted the salt and nutmeg and used 1 tablespoon of Boston Bay seasoning instead. It was so simple to put together and cooked in a flash. Thanks for the recipe.