- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain tortellini mixture; add to skillet. Stir in salt, thyme, pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Tortellini Pasta Toss
"Really good! Hubby liked it too. We are not big pea fans, but I wanted to try this as stated, and they were quite tasty in this. Served with lemon and Parmesan cheese. Love the variation possibilities."
"I used mini cheese ravioli instead of tortellini and made the recipe exactly as written otherwise. We all loved it. This is a great tasting, easy weeknight meal. I love that there are variations of this recipe. I will make this again."
"Simple and quick. I used Italiano Olive Oil. Next time I will add more vegetables."
"We've made the shrimp tortellini and the asparagus fettuccine variations, both were very tasty and simple enough for a beginner home cook, my husband, to make on my night out. I prepped the shrimp and veggies, and he was able to take it from there.The main change I've made has been using schmaltz in place of the olive oil, I also used the entire bunch of asparagus.I don't see the point of dividing the oil, though, since it's all going in the skillet at the end..."
"It's been too hot to cook so I am always looking for fast dinners that do not need a lot of heat (like the oven). Made this , which is very good, but I thought it needed more of a zip so I made a few changes which I think made it' delicious. I added Bay Seasoning like others recommended, but I also added a squeeze of fresh lemon, asparagus instead of peas and topped it.with Black peppercorn Asiago cheese.. If you like your food to have a little zip try this cheese instead of Parmesan."
"Wow! This is really good!"
"I don't like shrimp but my family seemed to like it."