- 24 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 16 green onions, sliced
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin; cut each slice into four pieces. Place butter in a shallow dish; dip both sides of bread in butter; press into miniature muffin cups. Bake at 325° for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and horseradish until blended. Just before serving, stir in shrimp and onions; spoon into cups. Garnish with dill if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews forShrimp Toast Cups
"Made these for Christmas Eve's appetizer. Rave reviews!! Everyone wanted the recipe. I used frozen shrimp, not canned."
"Question: Do these toast cups stay fresh if made the day before?"
"Oh and I used fresh shrimp =)"
"Used this recipe last night and it was a hit! I added to it a little though! I used pre-made phyllo cups instead of making the bread cups. I used wasabi horseradish and I added finely diced red pepper to the mix as well as lemon juice to taste. That really ramped up the flavor!! Oh and I didn't use the dill sprigs!"
"These were absolutely delicious!! They certainly disappeared quickly as you said! :)"
"I was looking for something different and made these for the holidays. They were a smash. I did however use small frozen shrimp and cut them up instead of the canned shrimp because the canned was outrageously expensive in comparison."
"I made these for a gathering last night and everyone went crazy for them. I think next time I might try using whole wheat bread instead of white."