- 1 bunch celery, separated into ribs
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped onion, green pepper and pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut celery ribs into 2-in. pieces. Finely chop one piece; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients and reserved chopped celery. Stuff into celery ribs. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 3 dozen appetizers.
Reviews forShrimp-Stuffed Celery
"Made this recipe as written except tbe celery ribs. I used leftover crackers as a base for the spread. Will definitely make again for people who like shrimp."
"I think it might be better to keep the celery and the stuffing separate until shortly before serving. The celery has so much water in it that I had trouble keeping the finished product dry, even with several layers of paper toweling underneath."