Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen appetizers
- 1 bunch celery, separated into ribs
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped onion, green pepper and pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut celery ribs into 2-in. pieces. Finely chop one piece; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients and chopped celery. Stuff into celery ribs. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 61 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 11, 2018
I thought the taste was a little too mild, but I made them for a party and everyone raved. They were gone quickly so I guess I just like a strong shrimp taste.
Mar 26, 2016
Made this recipe as written except tbe celery ribs. I used leftover crackers as a base for the spread. Will definitely make again for people who like shrimp.
May 12, 2010
I think it might be better to keep the celery and the stuffing separate until shortly before serving. The celery has so much water in it that I had trouble keeping the finished product dry, even with several layers of paper toweling underneath.