- 1 package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded light mozzarella cheese
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Spread on a 12-in. round serving platter. Cover with seafood sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, shrimp, onions and tomato. Cover and chill. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Spread
"I've been making this for several years, and it always goes fast. I also add some minced colored peppers for a bit of color and crunch."
"This is both very tasty & easy to put together! I followed WJSymons comment and added a couple of glugs of Worcestershire and used a 6-oz. can of crab meat because I had it. I served it with Wheat Thins Great Plains Multigrain chips with great success. Can't wait to try it with shrimp. Hint: If you're covering with foil or plastic wrap to transport, cut coffee stir straws to toothpick length and insert in the dip to hold the covering off of the spread. The straws don't punch holes through the wrap as easily toothpicks do."
"This is just the best dip. I put a bit of Worchestershire sauce in with the cream cheese mixture and I use crab meat instead of shrimp. I make this all the time and there's never enough."
"If you like shrimp you will love this spread. My family has enjoyed this for many years prepared for the Holidays. I actually have not made it the past couple of years...need to bring this recipe back out."
"Wonderful! However, I did not use the reduced fat version of the items. For ease of transporting, used a glass pie dish and covered with foil."