Shrimp Soup with Sherry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/4 cups cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or additional chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, mustard and cayenne until blended; gradually add cream and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the parsley, thyme, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and sherry or additional broth; heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 333 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Nov 5, 2015
Amazing soup, will definitely make it again . Very simple to make
Jun 17, 2013
I made this using seafood broth instead of chicken and used dry sherry. It was delicious. Everyone enjoyed it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.