Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until tender. Stir in the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and parsley. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve over pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 395 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 177mg cholesterol, 420mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Scampi
"So good!!!!! I took the shrimp out of the sauce breaded it then broiled it added the sauce to the cooked pasta and after arranging the shrimp topped it off with more cheese. Family abusoluty loved it."
"I make this at least 1/month. My fiance has always been fond of Red Lobster's shrimp scampi. Last time we ate there, he thought scampi was bland. I use slightly less lemon juice & more cloves of garlic."
"This is by far the best shrimp scampi recipe I’ve ever made! My family loved it & we’ll be making it again!"
"This recipe needs about a half cup of chicken broth or white wine to keep it from being too dry. Otherwise, it is very, very tasty."
"This may be better with a few changes. Little bland and too much lemon"
"This recipe was a hit! We loved it."
"This dish with all it's flavors is easy to make and absolutely delicious!! I think fresh parsley is a nice touch along with fresh lemons! The only other thing I've added is white cooking wine and have gotten amazing feedback every time I make it and will definitely be serving this again!"
"Simple to make and everyone liked it."
"I have tried several shrimp scampi recipes over the years and this one is definitely the best! We added some spinach after to the pasta after draining the water. My husband and I agree that this was restaurant quality. Thanks for sharing!"