- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring broth and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to a boil. Stir in couscous, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon parsley and lemon peel. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, stir oil and remaining butter over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add garlic; cook and stir until tender. Add shrimp; cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Add the wine or additional broth, salt, pepper and remaining lemon juice; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Scampi with Lemon Couscous
"Great example of how simple recipes can be the best. This is really good. lt's summer in Ohio and I had supersweet yellow cherry tomatoes and fresh basil to add instead of parsley. Wow really worked in this dish."
"This was excellent! The only differences was that I chopped up some wild onions and more onions from the garden plus the garlic. I added maybe 1/2 tsp more lemon juice also"
"Very easy and great flavor on the shrimp. The couscous are pretty plain on their own, but once you pour the extra sauce from the shrimp on top of it, they're amazing."
"The couscous was not flavorful enough. I added more lemon juice, salt and pepper. It would have been better with another herb."
"Delicious and relatively easy to make. Everyone who tastes it ends up asking for the recipe."