Shrimp Scampi Topped Potatoes
Our impressive twice-baked potatoes feature garlic-infused cooked shrimp. These "spuds" could be served as a supper by themselves!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 10 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; rub with oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly; cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with the sour cream, heavy cream, garlic, parsley, horseradish and salt until blended. Spoon into potato shells; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook shrimp for 1 minute on each side. Add the parsley, lemon juice, wine or broth and salt; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Top each potato with a shrimp; drizzle with pan drippings.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 301 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.