Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine with Andouille Butter Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 3/4 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 cup butter, cut up
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Minced fresh parsley and lemon wedges, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; transfer half of the sausage to paper towels to drain.
- Place butter and drained sausage in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Remove to a bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Add leeks to remaining sausage in skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat until leeks are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the wine, brandy, salt, paprika and cayenne, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in shrimp; cook for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add andouille butter, stirring just until melted.
- Drain fettuccine; place on a large platter. Spoon shrimp mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Scampi Fettuccine with Andouille Butter
"The flavors in this recipe are really good. However, I would change the recipe a bit to not include the andouille butter. I found it a bit unappetizing to look at. Not sure what I'd do for a sauce but I'm come up with something."
"This is a wonderful recipe! The Andouille Butter sauce is outstanding! Definitely one of our "favorite" recipes..."
"Yum, just the right amount of spice. Nice flavor."