- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked angel hair pasta
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute garlic in butter and oil until fragrant. Add the shrimp, lemon juice, pepper and oregano; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Sprinkle with cheese, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Scampi
"Incredibly tasty! Hubby and I made this today for the first time and loved it. Used crunchy Italian bread crumbs. Doubled the butter and increased amount of cheese. Also added some frank's hot sauce. Absolutely delicious. Thanks for this wonderful recipe!"
"Made this once before and found it to be very good. I am making it today for Easter dinner as there is only the two of us and wanted something elegant, but delicious. My only changes (based on the first time) is I will add a bit more garlic (it all depends on the size of your garlic cloves, some are small, but some I buy are huge) and I will add some white wine to the sauce (also will double the sauce). This time I plan on serving it over rice instead of the pasta. That along with some steamed asparagus and rolls...............Yummmmmm."
"i have made this 2x now and it is the easiest and most delicious shrimp scampi recipe i have had. my boyfriend loves it. a quick 30 minute meal"
"This was ok, it needs double the sauce and half the parsley. My hubby did not like it at all."
"So good!!!!! I took the shrimp out of the sauce breaded it then broiled it added the sauce to the cooked pasta and after arranging the shrimp topped it off with more cheese. Family abusoluty loved it."
"I make this at least 1/month. My fiance has always been fond of Red Lobster's shrimp scampi. Last time we ate there, he thought scampi was bland. I use slightly less lemon juice & more cloves of garlic."
"This is by far the best shrimp scampi recipe I’ve ever made! My family loved it & we’ll be making it again!"
"This recipe needs about a half cup of chicken broth or white wine to keep it from being too dry. Otherwise, it is very, very tasty."
"This may be better with a few changes. Little bland and too much lemon"