"Every time I take this salsa to a party, it's the first thing to go," details Monique Jacketta of West Bountiful, Utah. She was skeptical when her mother gave her the recipe, but says one taste won her heart!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1-1/3 cups
- 1/3 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped avocado
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped radishes
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Cut shrimp into small pieces; place in a small serving bowl. Stir in the next 10 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 80 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp Salsa in Country Woman January/February 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.