- 2-1/3 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1/3 pound cooked salad shrimp
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 radishes, halved and sliced
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the shrimp, celery, onion, radishes and eggs. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to shrimp mixture. Add dressing mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forShrimp Salad
"Very good and simple to make! Joyce Moynihan, Volunteer Field Editor"
"Very good recipe and simple to make. I used honey and pineapple mustard to sweeten the flavor. Sweet pickle relish is another option as well. This is a keeper."
"I thought the original recipe was a bit bland. After reading some of the other reviews, I added horseradish, garlic powder and onion powder. I also added more shrimp. It turned out great this way! A definite keeper."
"Making again tonight for supper :-)"
"Loved this the first time I made it. Then I started playing with it. Tried the horseradish and peas. Really good. The next time I left out the horseradish and increased the mustard just a bit. The NEXT time I added extra shrimp and a package of imitation crabmeat chunks. Finally decided that we love this any way at all. This recipe isexcellent as written, but gives lots of room to personalize. I have a potluck coming up next week and I'm going to try adding capers........."
"I made this and both my husband and I love it. Wouldnt change a thing on it."
"I loved the Horseradish idea so I added that and a little pickle relish...Also I upped the shrimp to 3 cups...I was very happy with it!"
"Add more shrimp. Just before serving add more mayo. Must refrig overnite. I've been making this for over 40 years."
"I found this to be kind of bland. I left out the radishes and added chopped up sun dried tomatoes. I might try making something similar but I would add more sun dried tomatoes and possibly some Italian dressing."