Shrimp Salad with Peaches
My husband doesn’t miss his beloved meat and potato meals when I cook up this shrimp dish, rounded out with fresh fruit and greens.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 medium peaches, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 medium lemon, quartered
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the hoisin sauce, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, hot sauce and cumin. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- Thread shrimp on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Brush peach halves with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill shrimp and peaches, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
- In a large bowl, combine salt with the remaining oil and lemon juice. Add the arugula and cilantro; toss to coat. Divide among four plates. Top with peaches, shrimp and goat cheese. Squeeze lemon over salads.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 343 calories, 22g fat (5g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp Salad with Peaches and Chevre in Country Woman June/July 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.