Shrimp Salad Croissants
I've had this recipe for years and get raves whenever I make it. It can be served on a bed of lettuce or a-top a flaky croissant. Either way, it's perfect for a quick , delicious lunch. --Molly Seidel, Edgewood, New Mexico
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 packages (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced almonds
- 8 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, celery and carrots. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in almonds. Serve on croissants.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 543 calories, 39g fat (10g saturated fat), 159mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp Salad on a Croissant in Taste of Home February/March 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.