Shrimp Salad Bagels
Dill adds fresh taste to a shrimp and cream cheese topping. I usually prepare these open-faced sandwiches for a fast lunch. You can heat them quickly in the microwave, or pop them under the broiler if you'd like crispy bagels. —Angie Hansen, Gildford, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 2 bagels, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice and dill. Stir in the shrimp; spread over bagels. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or broil 4 in. from the heat until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 201 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Shrimp Salad Bagels in Quick Cooking November/December 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.