Dill adds fresh taste to the shrimp and cream cheese topping Angie Hansen spreads on bagels. "I usually prepare these open-faced sandwiches for a fast lunch," comments the Gildford, Montana cook. You can heat them quickly in the microwave or pop them under the broiler if you'd like crispy bagels.
Recommended: 34 Best Mardi Gras Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 2 bagels, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice and dill. Stir in the shrimp; spread over bagels. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute or broil 4 in. from the heat until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Salad Bagels in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p42