Shrimp Rice Casserole
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Add the shrimp, salt and cayenne; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add the rice, soup and 1 cup cheese; stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 643 calories, 42g fat (28g saturated fat), 242mg cholesterol, 1332mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Feb 17, 2012
Very good comfort food, but too much butter when I doubled the recipe. If I make it again I would use half the butter suggested.
Sep 26, 2011
Thought it was an average, ok casserole. Nothing that would make my "favorites" book, but an "ok" weeknight casserole.
Sep 18, 2011
I also used the Cream Of Broc and added some broccoli to the dish itself. I also used tri colors of peppers since I had some on hand. The hubby and I both liked it.
Jul 18, 2011
I followed the recipe almost 100%. The only thing I changed is that I used 2 cans of cream of broccoli since I don't like mushrooms. 1 can just didn't seem like enough and the taste was lacking a bit. But, with the change, it was absolutely amazing!! The hubby and kids LOVED it and so did I!Definitely keeping this one!
Feb 11, 2010
My Husband and I loved this dish. It is a Different way of using shrimp. The only thing I didn't like is that it does not look very appealing so for color I substituted the green pepper for rred pepper. It still tastes the same now it just lookes better
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.