Shrimp Quesadillas Recipe
For variety, substitute cooked chicken or ground beef for the shrimp in these easy quesadillas, suggests Joan Schroeder from Pinedale, Wyoming.
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped*
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. For salsa, place the first nine ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl; set aside.
- 2. Sprinkle the cheese, chilies, tomato, onions and shrimp over half of each tortilla; fold over. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook quesadillas in butter for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with salsa. Refrigerate leftover salsa. Yield: 2-4 servings (2-1/2 cups salsa).
Reviews for Shrimp Quesadillas
Reviewed May. 16, 2012
"Made this last week. Family loved it!"
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2012
"Love the salsa that goes with this. Next time I'll chop larger shrimp rather than using salad shrimp."
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2011
"This was absolutely wonderful! My family has decided this will be a weekly meal!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC