Shrimp Quesadilla Recipe
Quick and simple enough for any weekday, this dish boasts a refreshing flavor special enough for guests. Serve with salsa on the side and a frosty smoothie, if you like. Tiffany Bryson-San Antonio, Texas
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir onion and jalapeno until tender. Add the shrimp, cumin and pepper; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in tomato.
- 2. Coat the same skillet with cooking spray; add one tortilla. Top with half of cheese, half of shrimp mixture and one tortilla. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese and shrimp mixture, spraying pan as needed. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 333 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 777mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Shrimp Quesadilla
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC