Shrimp Po’Boys with Pineapple Slaw
- 1/3 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium Creole seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained, 3 tablespoons liquid reserved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat tartar sauce
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Pour egg substitute into a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and Creole seasoning. Dip shrimp in egg substitute, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere. Bake in a greased 15x10x1-in. pan until shrimp turn pink, 7-9 minutes. Keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine broccoli slaw, pineapple and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and reserved pineapple liquid until smooth. Add to broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. To serve, spread hoagie buns with tartar sauce. Divide tomato slices and shrimp among buns. Top with pineapple broccoli slaw.
1 sandwich: 420 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1430mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Aug 31, 2017
these were excellent. only changes were I used real eggs and reg mayo and I didn't use tartar sauce. Loved the pineapple slaw on it
May 17, 2017
My husband made this for Mother's Day. At first my 14 year old son was complaining that it had coleslaw and tomatoes on it, but we made him try it anyway. He ended up eating 2 sandwiches that night and requested that we make it again. Simple, yet delicious. Slaw is excellent by itself, too!