Shrimp Penne Primavera
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen baby carrots
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen sugar snap peas
- 16 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in pasta; cook for 7 minutes. Add carrots; cook for 4 minutes. Add peas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until pasta and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, saute shrimp and garlic in oil until shrimp turn pink. Reduce heat to medium; stir in the milk, broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and vegetables; add to shrimp mixture. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 304 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Pasta Primavera with Shrimp in The Taste of Home Cookbook 3rd Edition--Bonus 30-Minute Light
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.