Shrimp Patty Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) shrimp, rinsed and drained or 2 cups medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound haddock, cooked and flaked
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 hamburger buns
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices and onion slices, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the shrimp, haddock, pancake mix, cornmeal, parsley, celery salt, mustard and paprika; mix well. Shape into eight patties. Coat with bread crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 394 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 300mg cholesterol, 1666mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Shrimp Patty Sandwiches
"This recipe was tasty to eat, but I didn't like that I had to "fix" it to get it to turn out right. I used Krusteaz just add water pancake mix and after I had the patty ingredients all mixed together it looked like, well, pancake batter that had seafood in it. It was impossible to get that runny stuff to hold together in a patty form like you see in the picture, so I added just enough mix to hold it together (an extra 1/2 cup, maybe more)with my hands that had been wetted with cold water to prevent it from sticking. Once I could get patty shapes out of it, they tasted great but they may have been more like the patties the recipe creator was trying to avoid. They cooked up fast in the skillet and my family loved them, though. My kid called it a "crabby patty" because we used imitation crab for the haddock."
"My family realy liked this recipe. I have tried other shrimp patties and thought this was the best. The pancake mix gives it that extra boost of flavor it needs. Thankyou for sharing. This will be going in to my recipe box."