These days I'm cooking for two. After working in the garden, I can dash indoors and have this shrimp and bread salad on the table pronto. —Kallee Krong-McCreery, Escondido, California
Recommended: 48 Ways to Cook Fresh, Juicy Tomatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup cubed French bread (3/4 inch)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, toss bread cubes with oil and garlic salt. Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until bread is toasted, stirring frequently. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add shrimp and garlic; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, avocado, tomato, toasted bread and shrimp; drizzle with dressing and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Panzanella Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016